Sunday 27 December 2015

Ratus ratus.

Some years ago I watched a movie about a family in a house that was overrun by a mouse. The story was very humorous and concentrated on the familys efforts and obsession to rid themselves of the rodent.
I have become that movie.  The aforementioned rodent in my movie is the rat what lives in my engine bay.  I have decided the human race are not at all the smartest beings on the planet as Mr Rat has outwitted me at every turn.
I am now obsessed with this rodent and his intended annihilation.  I found his nest on the top of the engine behind the turbocharger next to the heater blower. I used a pressure jet to blow it away, then I dowsed the engine with WD40 so as to make it real smelly in there. Then I got some cotton buds soaked in peppermint oil, placed inside some tights strung about the engine block. They hate peppermint apparently.
I then put two huge rat traps laced with peanut butter, jam and some chocolate, one on top of the front wheel, the other inside the engine bay on top of one of the batterys.
I have connected the engine heater so its nice and cosy which will keep him active and hopefully alert enough to smell the bait. In the morning I hope to find one rat with a broken neck. Heres the obsession bit. I cant help myself but every hour or so I have to go out to check the traps, problem there is its minus 14c and 2-3 ft of snow which means I have to dress as Scott of the Antarctic each time.......Im exhausted. Meanwhile, Mr Rat is probably nice and cosy courtesy of my engine heater watching my every move with a sickly rat like grin on his face!
Looking forward to posting a photo of a dead rat in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home