Sunday 29 November 2015

This & that.

Today presented me with with an array of mundane problems, none were life altering but problems nonetheless. 
1. Ever since I lagged and fitted an electrically heated element to the fresh water pipe it has sprung a leak. Not a massive leak but just a drip which you might think is not worth worrying about but it drips down along the lagged pipe to the lowest point where it falls off forming an ice mountain. Still not a problem, but the water seems to be inside the lagging which to my mind takes away the benefit of the heating element?  I have replaced the O ring inside the bit that enters the trailer: still drip drip. I wound at least 5 layers of PTFE tape around the threads: drip drip.  Im thinking maybe I ought to be replacing the whole inlet port plus a new flexi pipe and lagging?  Strap a pair on I hear you say but all this goes on with wet fingers when its minus 9-10 c!
2. I cant remember point 2 but its very cold tonight and Lyn wants a hot water bottle. Personally I don't like them but I do remember my dad teaching me the basics regarding hot water bottles and very important points they are. 
3. Always put a small amount of cold water into the bottle before the hot water.
4. Always squeeze out any excess air from the bottle very carefully before sealing the bottle with the stopper.
5. Im sure my father taught me many more valuable life skills which I might share with you dreckly.
6. I must learn how to turn off these numbered bullet points.
7. I must stop drinking vodka and go to bed.
8. Goodnight.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home