Wednesday 4 November 2015

Crash, Bang, Wallop!

So Sunday morning the sun is shining, Lyns gone to church, Archie is asleep so Im outside sweeping leaves.  Between me and the lake is the main road into Penticton and Im looking across at some kite surfers skitting along at unbelievable speed just above the water.

Suddenly a horribly loud bang caused me to duck to the ground, I looked down to the road to see a big black motorcycle flying through the air toward me and crash landing on the pavement all of 15 feet away!  It was a Harley Davidson minus its rider which was really odd because the rider was nowhere to be seen.  I looked further along the road to see a body unmoving about 250 yards away. Before I got there several people had appeared and began tending to the casualty so I went further down to slow the traffic coming around the corner toward the human and vehicle debris strewn everywhere. It seems the driver of a white car pulled out of a car park and hadn't seen the bike, (familiar story?) 

 Anyway, all the services turned up and carted the poor fella off to hospital, he regained consciousness but looked like a busted leg or two. The fire department cleaned the road and both broken vehicles were taken away and the driver of the car was arrested. I was impressed by the speed & efficiency of all concerned........so back to sweeping leaves then.

1 Comments:

At 22 November 2015 at 00:11 , Blogger Unknown said...

Ouch....he was ok though

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home