Friday 12 June 2015

Mosquitoes.....

In my mind the word mosquito conjures pictures of the beautiful twin engined fighter/bomber of world war two. However, more recently my encounter with the smaller insect type flying machine has only caused painful memories. Google informs me that men with O type blood group are so attractive to the female of the species that once exposed I must be a homing beacon for a free meal. Also, I have reacted badly to my involuntary supplying the local mozzie gals with dinner for all in so much that every bite over the last three days has swollen hugely, and itch..........its the itching! Both feet and calves, both arms plus two on my neck. Im not having it! 
A visit to a natural health shop in Golden supplied me with lots of advice, not much sympathy and a 90 capsule bottle of vitamin B1 & 2, and a citronella candle. (The advice was to move camp sites but already paid in advance so that aint gonna happen). But Im a trooper and will survive this, Lyn says Im a pussy...........

This morning I was greeted not only by bleddy insects but a beautifully warm day. I wrestled the awning down and breakfasted in the sunshine (covered head to toe I might add). After an hour or so it became overcast and the wind suddenly picked up and also picked up the awning which twisted the support poles ripping off one of the brackets jamming it in the up position but flapping wildly. As I stood wondering what to do, the heaviest hail storm Ive ever seen began followed by torrential rain for half an hour. I spent most of the rest of the day dismantling the whole damned awning set up so I could then straighten out the support rails by bending them back to shape between the tyres of the trailer, worked a treat. I really am "one of those guys".                                                                                                On the down side, I broke the gas regulator valve on the barbecue last week and still cant find a replacement part. We're staying an extra night here in Golden only because its so quiet in the forest with a golf course to one side. Do I play golf? Nah......
This is grizzly bear country and they are very big beasts. My children learned the bear rules at school here some time ago, it goes something like this. "If the bear is black, you attack. (Make lots of noise etc), if the bear is brown, just lay down, but if its a grizzly.........youre dead!" 





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home